April 15, 2013

Blessing The Babe//Easter Sunday


Easter this year was awesome. Both our families were able to come celebrate and participate in blessing Zara with us here in Nashville and then we had a huge Easter dinner all together. I wish I had more pictures of the Easter dinner shenanigans, but I was too busy eating to take pictures.



The day started off with Zara meeting Grandma and Grandpa Walkenhorst for the first time. Then we headed out to church for the blessings. Fortunately my Dad had mentioned to take lots of outfits because babies tend to have lots of diaper messes on important days. I am so glad we listened to his advice :) We put Zara in a sleeper for the car ride and saved her blessing dress for when we got to church. We are driving along, I am in the front with Dusty and Zara is chillin' in the back in her car seat  Things are going great, just driving along, Zara is peaceful and quiet in the back and we are thinking that this whole car thing is pretty easy. We pull up to the stoplight about 2 minutes from the church parking lot when all of a sudden we hear a huge noise from the backseat, Dusty and I looked at each other and we both knew what had happened but we couldn't really do anything so we just laughed but I think we were both nervous what we were going to find when we got to church. Needless to say I got to try out the diaper changing station at the church sooner than later. I couldn't believe the mess this little baby had created, I was so glad she wasn't in her white dress, it would have been ruined! At least she was happy through the whole thing. 


Here she is in the little slip that goes under the blessing dress. My Grandma Shutt made the slip, dress and bonnet for me when I got blessed and my sisters wore the dress too. Thanks to my Mom who helped me get Zara all cleaned up and into her dress in time for Sacrament Meeting. 

 


She was so good during church and the blessing, Dusty gave her a beautiful blessing and we were so grateful to have our families with us. 


Dusty's Grandma Mary made the beautiful white blanket that Zara is wrapped up in, it is so soft and kept her toasty warm the whole day. 


 After the blessing we headed home to have Easter dinner, it was so yummy and everyone just jumped right in and started making all sorts of food. The only picture I have is of these pre-dyed eggs from Costco that we made into deviled eggs. We were so full after all the food that we didn't even eat the dessert till Monday


No comments: