October 3, 2013

South Carolina: The Drive

We recently got back from our first trip as a little family! Dusty was sweet and surprised me by planning a  trip to South Carolina for me for my birthday, we stayed in this little town called Edisto. He secretly emailed my Grandparents about about staying in one of their timeshares (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!) and figured out all those logistics kinds of things. We drove to South Carolina in two days and realized that driving was one of the funnest parts of the trip for us, no interruptions, just listened to tons of podcasts (thanks Collin for showing us how to listen to podcasts :) ) and read books and ate treats ( thanks Kassie ;) ). Zara did really great, actually amazing! It was the longest road trip of her entire life so far. 

The Smokey Mountains! Sometimes when I get bored in the car I take pictures of things through my sunglasses, it's sort of like an original "filter", these clouds are what I saw through my sunglasses.

We stopped for some food and Zara was diving all over trying to get her little figures on some fries. 
Snuggles with Auntie Kasey
Kasey and Collin were great hosts, Collin even made us waffles in the morning before we left!
Kasey and Collin surprised me with an Ice Cream cake for my birthday!!! It was delicious!
Kasey gave Zara this toy for teething and the boys thought it was hilarious for her to keep it in the back of her pants.

We knew we were getting close when we crossed this long bridge to get to Edisto, neither of us realized that Edisto was a little island till we got to the bridge. 

No comments: