August 8, 2014

The Pyramids


Ahhh! The pyramids! We spent a warm and beautiful day at the pyramids with everybody. The way it's set up is there is a plaza sort of thing in the middle with a bunch of pyramids all around it, some of them you can climb and some you can't. I think there was a moon pyramid and a sun pyramid. There were vendors everywhere selling knickknacks and textiles, I think we all found a little something. We climbed up one of the bigger pyramids and there were lots and lots of steep steps, we were glad we left Zara down at the bottom with Mom and Kasey.



Zara in her cute little hat from Abu and Lita (grandpa and grandma), she kept it on most of the time. 


This post is one big "Where's Preston?" it turns out he is hiding in most of the pictures somewhere, hahaha! And I have no idea why I brought a sweater, really, what was I thinking?!




Little baby toes

 Photobomb!

 (Preston, is that you?)

Lots of people! We were all pretty warm but the locals were walking/hiking up the pyramid in boots, boots with fur! Vests, sweaters, I couldn't believe it! My mom said that even if its hot sometimes they just want to wear "wintery" things because technically it's wintertime.


Sometimes it's hard to get a group photo.....


 I bet this lady has some good stories!

 (did you spot Presto?)



Just missing one sombrero and Doug.

Half way there.



Yay! We made it! At the top there is a little piece of silver(I think) about the size of a dime that's good luck to touch when you reach the top so there was a huge swarm of people all around it but we finally got to touch it. Yay!







Taking a little siesta




 To buy or not to buy....


After we hiked the pyramids we ate lunch in nearby cave. The atmosphere was pretty cool, there were candles and Christmas decorations everywhere and it was neat just be to underground. At that point I was glad I had my sweater. 
Zara was mesmerized with the mariachi guys and she even tried her first lime but decided it wasn't her favorite thing.






No comments: