June 26, 2013

Three Months Old


On June 17th Zara Mae turned three months old! I feel like 3 months is a big milestone, I mean, the age comes with it's own size of clothes so it must be a big deal! 
Zara is really developing her own personality and even started to giggle sometimes if we do something really silly. She can roll over from her front to her back. She has started doing this turtle thing with her head (I'm sure every kid does this at this age but to us it's new and funny :)) She will be laying down and just lift her head up like "guys, I'm so sick of this whole laying down thing, sit me up!". She is getting funnier with feeding, she will take breaks to see what's going on around her and smile, it's pretty cute but makes feeding time longer. She's also a lot more cuddly, she will put her head on our shoulder when we hold her. She will play with/pulls my hair, and she will play with our shirts when we hold her. It's fun and feels a lot more interactive then when she was younger. She also loves, loves bath time and will kick her feet and smile so big. We took her swimming for the first time and she loved it so much she didn't cry until we took her out and put her in her car seat.
 Church is interesting now, in the beginning she was so easy. We would just lay her down on our lap and she would sleep through most of church. Now she won't sleep at all during church, the only way she will sleep at church is if I feed her. On the upside I have gotten to know all the other mom's with babies in the mother's lounge. I go to Young Women's for 3rd hour and Dusty takes Zara, from what I hear Dusty has had some pretty crazy 3rd hours.
We started to put her down at a "bedtime" which is usually around 9:30 or 10 PM since she usually takes a nap around 5. We put her down in her crib and Dusty will read her a story and we wrap her up and then let her hang out (aka fuss/cry) hang out sounds a lot better! If her binky stays in she is usually happy, if it falls out then she cries and we run upstairs and put it back in. She has been napping in there for awhile so it wasn't a huge surprise for her to sleep in there at night. She usually falls asleep pretty fast, if not we just grab her and she watches TV with us because we aren't hard core enough to let her cry it out for a long time. Then when we go to bed I grab her and put her in the sleeper next to me but a couple nights ago she looked so peaceful in her crib so I just let her keep sleeping there, I was kind of sad because I like having her sleep next to me. Anyways, she just kept sleeping there...and we woke up in the morning and she was still sleeping. What?! So the past few nights she has slept in her big kid crib all on her own, in her own room, it's sort of bittersweet but at the same time I hope it's not just a fad! We love you Zara!




No comments: