February 19, 2013

7/52



We've been busy this week wrapping up our bookcases, they are still a work in progress and you can see we still have a lot of cords to hide! Dusty used some pegboard to make a bunch of little holes so that the shelves will be adjustable. Now all we have left to do is paint!


A little Valentines din din, heart shaped eggs Benedict. The last few years we've just done dinner at home for Valentines day and then we go out another night during the week. We went and saw the movie "Warm Bodies" about Zombies. It was hilarious! We loved it and it wasn't very zombie-ish, it was more like a zombie love story. Afterwards we went to the mall to look around for fun and found this cute heart frame, I took a picture cause it looked like a good DIY ....dusty, are you reading this? :)

Dusty was sweet and planned a special dinner for Valentines/Anniversary/last nice dinner before baby comes. It was so yummy, we had some bacon wrapped scallops, steak, salmon and some yummy sides. One thing about the south is they really know how to do their side dishes....we should have had dessert first cause by the time we finished all our food we were too full for dessert, bummer. 
Our waiter was really funny, he came by and said "Wow! That looks really good! Can I have a bite?" 
Dusty said "Sure!". The waiter said "Oh, nobody has ever said yes before." And then we all laughed. 

I guess the whole nesting thing is real because the other day I just HAD to have new sofa pillows (for a picture of the old pillows go here, I made those ones along time ago while I watched the 2008 summer Olympics. Good times but they started falling apart a little bit ago). I already had some fabric (sheets from Ikea's discount bin, amazing deals, yards and yards for 10 bucks!) and the inserts so I didn't have to leave the house which is a major plus these days, especially since the nearest Jo-Ann's is a million gazillion miles away. I used this really great tutorial for the yellow one and then just sort of winged the grey one. Our sofa is happier now.

Young Women's has been fun lately between activities, volleyball and birthdays we've had a lot of great time together. Helped the girls heart attack one of our laurels bedroom door for her birthday. By helping I mean I sat on the stairs and handed them rolled pieces of tape...sometimes being a leader is the best! And in case you were wondering the pink flamingo was already there when we got there.

2 comments:

Brent and Nicole said...

I wish I had your crafting skills. It would take an intense pattern and probably a few tears for me to make that grey one you did on the fly. Everything looks awesome chels!

Ryanna said...

you are so cute loved the hearts. So excited to see baby Zara.