February 12, 2013

San Diego

San Diego is our used, new to us, house plant. A couple of months ago our neighbor gave us this amazingly large plant because it was getting too big for her (she kept it outside in the summer and inside in the winter and she was tired of moving it around). I was hesitant to accept the plant from her because I tend to kill houseplants. I tried to to tell her that I kill house plants and she said "Oh, this plant is 10 years old, you can't kill it!". Well, when we first got the plant it had about 6 leaves....now we are down to 3, well really 2 1/2 because one is half way brown. There is a one new leaf that has grown since we've had it in our house and it made us really happy! I really hope it doesn't die completely because I don't know how I would tell our neighbor that I killed her un-killable plant. Dusty named the plant San Diego because it's one of his favorite places and the plant looks like it came from California. 

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep houseplants alive? All we've tried is water so far. 

1 comment:

Brent and Nicole said...

Haha I was just going to make a post about an orchid I bought that has miraculously survived a month under my care. I also tend to kill houseplants...wish I had some suggestions for you! Also lets see some pictures of that baby zara belly!