February 25, 2013

8/52


Our weekend was filled with Lego's at the Library and yummy food. I started off helping out on Friday by cutting up tons and tons of paper and paper clipping it all together in packs for visitors to mark which Lego creations were there favorites ( Oh, the life of a volunteer :) at least I got to sit down!). If you ever need a paperclip go your local library...they have millions and I used way to many this weekend. 
The contest was open to kids and adults and there were some pretty great submissions. We had a few frazzled parents that came in to drop off their kids project and you could tell it fell apart in the car or something and they would always tell us,  "Don't worry, it's ok, I have a picture on my phone of how it's supposed to look" and then they would spend a while in the conference room getting the Lego's just right. I think in the end we had almost 400 submissions. We were a little short handed for the big Lego contest/finale on Saturday so I roped Dusty in, he was a sport, especially since we had to be there by 8:30am which  is still early for us since technically we are still baby-less, looking back that could have been our last chance to sleep in for many years. The ladies at the library loved meeting Dusty!







 After we were done at the Library we went to Chuy's. It was my first time there and it was pretty good, the chips and salsa were awesome and we didn't bring any food home so I guess that means we liked it. We both got the "burrito as big as your face", seriously that is what it is called on the menu. And Hello it's February people! Can you tell the weather was awesome here yesterday in Nashville? It was, I love living here!

A while ago a friend gave me a friendship bread starter and yesterday was day 10 which is the day you are supposed to bake it. Dusty was really concerned since he had seen me add milk to the bag about 5 days ago and then leave it out on the counter, which is what you do, you leave the whole thing out on the counter for 10 days. He was worried about the safety of the dough and started calling it "Fermented Friendship Bread". I was determined to make it despite his uneasiness, I started getting nervous though when I realized I needed Vanilla pudding mix and all I had was Butterscotch, that's what I get for making things on Sunday, but it still turned out great! Dusty even tried it and said it was yummy.

No comments: