February 14, 2013

A Rotating Calendar


A couple of years ago my friend started this thing called a rotating calendar. I had never heard of a rotating calendar before but the basic idea is that you have a card for each day of the year and then every day you write down what you did and move that card to the back of the stack. You keep rotating through the cards each year. So, by the the time I fill up each card I will have a list of what I did each day from 2012-2024, or however many lines the note card has. I thought this was a pretty neat idea, so for one of my news years resolutions this year I decided I would give it a try, it has been fun to see what I end up writing down for each day.
It was pretty easy and cheap to make. I just had to buy 352 note cards and then I made some dividers for each month out of scrapbook paper. I had a hard time finding a box to fit the note cards so I hot glued some cardboard together and covered it in craft paper. 
One time the friend that first introduced me to this idea texted me, "Hey! This day last year we went to the book signing at West Elm". It was fun to remember that evening, and I definitely wouldn't have remembered it if she hadn't wrote it down for us :) I'm looking forward to next year and seeing what I was doing at the same time this year. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love it! Many of my cards have something fun that we did with you on them. I love to read them and remember because my memory is pretty much shot at this point :)